How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19067
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I joined the Air Force in 2009. I did not pass my final week

This answer was rated:

I joined the Air Force in 2009. I did not pass my final week of training pt test. I was recycled to another flight to try to retake and pass. I was short by a minute and was discharged. Upon being discharged I was told by my Master Sgt and Staff Sgt that I can get back in after 6 months. Now I am trying to join the Army ROTC program and notice I was given a 4C re enlistment code with a discharge code of JGA. Can I fight this?
Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.

An RE 4 code is a bar to reenlistment. Waivers aren't permitted, so there isn't anything that the recruiter can do.

You'd have to go through a process to have your RE code changed to one that allows reenlistment or allows a waiver to be granted (if you were to prove you could pass the PT test).

You'd need to file a DD Form 149 with the military records corrections board. This is different than the more common DD Form 293 for an upgrade to a discharge status. You're not trying to upgrade a General to an want to change the RE code and that requires a correction of the record.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So how do I go about completing that process? Who do I submit the form to or contact?

You look up the form online and fill it out. The form itself tells you where to send it (for each branch).

The form itself tells you what to do and how to do it. It's not complicated at all. It's just a form explaining who you are and what you believe to be wrong in your record. You can certainly hire your own attorney to assist with the process, but many fill out the form without the assistance of an attorney at all.
Allen M., Esq. and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you