P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

My wife is a Army Major (married in 1993). Three years ago

My wife is a Army Major (married in 1993). Three years ago she was stationed in Bangkok and had me accompany her. She returned for TDY at staff college and then suddenly sent me e-mail that she no longer wanted to be married. When she finally came back to Bangkok the command dep. commander pressured me to return stateside.

I have not been able to find work for a year (have health issues) and she refuses to assist with home mortgage/support. We have remained married despite her statements she will be seeking divorce.

What options do I have
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

The regulation that applies can be found here

If you take a look at CH 2, it lays out, clearly, support requirements for a soldier to their dependents.

I would contact her commanding officer and request that the commander enforce the regulation.

If the commander refuses? I would contact your congressional representative...they can investigate to see why the army is not enforcing this regulation in this case.

What you describe? She has an obligation to provide support.