Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.

Im an E-4 culinary specialist in the United States Navy.

I'm an E-4 culinary specialist in the United States Navy. I am prior service with 8 years of active duty and have an honorable discharge and numerous awards. I'm currently 38 years old and want to join the United States Army because they have a demand for MOS 92G FOOD SERVICE SPECIALIST. I'm in good health and no medical problems. I don't have no criminal records, not even a misdeameanor. If they need me as a combat medic, I can even do that because I'm smart enough to get the required ASVAB score for MOS Health Care Specialist aka Army Medic. I'm saledictorian in my high school, and I love the military, proud to protect the American Flag, "CAN I STILL JOIN THE US ARMY Sir??"
Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.

No, it is not legally too late. The maximum enlistment age for the Army without prior service is 42, so you're within that window. When your prior service is taken into consideration, it makes your age not really relevant.

What will matter though is not your age, but whether or not they have a need. If they have a need, they certainly can legally fit you into those positions and use you.

Good luck to you. I rejoined as an officer at 38 also.