Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.

How can I get an honorable discharge. I am 18 just graduated

How can I get an honorable discharge. I am 18 just graduated basic and is now in airborne school this life is not for me and I want out with every fiber of my being
Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.

There is a common myth that occurs in the barracks, that there are 'loopholes' or ways to get out. I know because I'm former Army enlisted and heard it plenty.

That's actually false, now more so than before.

You can claim to be a conscientious objector. It takes counseling and up to a year and they don't have to let you out. They can just put you in a non-combat job.

Claiming homosexuality doesn't work anymore.

You can gain weight or fail PT tests, but an honorable discharge is not guaranteed.

In fact, there is simply no way to compel command to separate you. You can ask. You can tell them you aren't happy, and given the current draw down, they'll likely being willing to separate you but if you've been in less than 6 months, they'll try an Entry Level status separation or a General Discharge because they don't want you to have the GI Bill without actually serving in the military.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So how would I go about getting els if possible

It's not different than any other discharge, that's just the status of the discharge.

You get it by working with your chain of command and asking for it. They decide if they are willing to separate you. If they are, they process the paperwork and separate you.

If they aren't willing to separate you, there is no way for you to compel them to do so aside from using drugs or breaking the law (which is not what you want to do, because you won't get an ELS or Honorable then).