P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

Im currently being Adseped for fraudulent enlistment. Ive

I'm currently being Adseped for fraudulent enlistment. I've been told my package came back from division a week ago and is at G1. How much longer should I have to wait? What form of notification will I receive when I can leave? How can contacting my congressman speed things up?

Thank you.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

You will be notified by your chain of command. Typically a day or so before you are released from active duty.

The form will be a copy of your DD214. That is your discharge certificate.

How much longer to wait? If it is at G1 it should process in a matter of weeks. Less than a month in most cases. Every case is different...and there is NO required timeline (so long as it is processed prior to your actual EAOS).

Contact your congressman? That will not likely help you at all. Frankly it could be counter productive. Since there is no requirement they follow any timeline, the congressman can not do anything, other then force the command to respond to the congressional investigation that is started by your complaint. This could be time used to process your package

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Who would be responding to the congressional inquiry? What does the G1 shop do?

G1 division level admin. They are the ones who set the final separation authority for the commander to sign.

The division (G1) would respond to the congressional inquiry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In your personal opinion, if the division G1 got a congressional inquiry about my case, do you think he would stick my package at the bottom of the pile just to spite me? Or do you think he would sign it to get it out of the way.

I think they would like do neither...I think they would answer the congrint, then go on with business. But I would not put it past them putting it on the bottom of the pile.

I would bet a LOT of money they do not sign it to move it...there is no good reason to do so and every reason not to.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great, hopefully they sign it before the congressional inquiry gets to them.

I wish you the best of luck. Please let me know if you have more questions, else please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work