P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I just got flagged for failing to take an APFT within the required

Customer Question

I just got flagged for failing to take an APFT within the required period. Last APFT I took was back in Oct 2011. I was in a motorcycle accident in June of 2012 and have been on a profile for my left arm do to the injuries from the accident. I then had surgery on my left shoulder in Jan 2013. I was put on a 6 month profile, which ended in June. I had my doctor give me a profile in June that would allow me to take the APFT but only have to do the run and sit ups. By the time my unit put me in for an APFT in July the profile had expired which meant I was on recovery and could not take a record APFT on that date. So the 1SG told me that he wasn’t going to let me take it because of that. The following day the Commander calls me into his office counseled me and said that that he was putting a flag on me for being out of tolerance. But It states in AR 600-8-2 (Initiate a Flag when a Soldier fails a record APFT or when,
through the Soldier’s fault as determined by the commander, the Soldier fails to take the APFT within the time
prescribed by existing regulations, or when directed by the commanding officer (as provided for in AR 350–1). A Flag is not required for a Soldier who has a permanent or temporary profile that precludes taking the APFT or is unable to undergo an APFT because of conditions beyond the Soldier’s control (as determined by the commander).)
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.