P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I received an LOR, followed by a referral OPR from a squadron

Customer Question

I received an LOR, followed by a referral OPR from a squadron commander as a retribution for asking to leave the squadron. The squadron suffered from low morale due to poor leadership, for which the squadron commander almost faced being fired, but didn't. He mistreats his people and abuses his authority. I have 12 years ofhonorable service, and have not worked for someone like him before. I have never been accused of things he wrote in the LOR. I filed an IG complaint, but it was handed to the group commander, who decided not to appoint an investigating officer and nothing came out of the case. I'd like the LOR and Referral OPR removed from my record. Is there anyone who can help or can recommend a lawyer?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

The terms of service of this website prohibit no one on here can actually represent you.

And we can not do "by name" referrals....

I can give you some insight into what to look for in a lawyer (I have worked with many folks who do this)

And can answer any questions you may have about the process.

Let me know if I can help