P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

Good Afternoon!I am currently struggling with trying to

Customer Question

Good Afternoon!

I am currently struggling with trying to obtain the rest of my enlistment bonus. I have actually already received the first half of it and I am now waiting on the last two payments. However, last fall they required me to write an exception to policy letter because the NCOIC that signed my contract did not put the date next to his signature on the bonus page of the contract. It is coming up on almost a year since I have turned the letter in and now the people that I have been calling for updates every month are now trying to dodge me. I am worried that they are not going to accept my exception to policy and I will be required to pay back the first installment of my bonus. If this happens, is there any way that I can protect myself from them stealing my money they promised me?

Thank you!
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You can go ahead and close my question.