P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I have an intersting problem. I recieved an NJP in 2008, I

I have an intersting problem. I recieved an NJP in 2008, I can't find it anywhere in any of my records. I have an adverse FITREP because of it. That FITREP is the only documentation referring to the NJP, and a big reason as to why I haven't been selected to GySgt. I received an email from the selection board this year asking me about the NJP. Seems it might have never been submitted. Is there any specific place they would keep record of NJP's? If this is the case would I be able to get the adverse FITREP pulled and submit a remedial promotion package for GySgt?
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

It would be in the unit use the term Gy so I assume you are a Marine...have you had them pull the unit diary on this to see what shows?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am in the Marine Corps. I have not had them pull the unit diary. Is there anything specific I should tell S-1 to pull?

I would pull the diary...see if it is in there. See if the NJP in in the diary. If it is not? Then it is most likely NOT in your book...if it is not in your book? Then you can go to BCNR and get that FITREP pulled

If the NJP IS in the diary? Then it is likely in your book...or even if not, the BCNR would see it in the diary and would not let you pull the FITREP.

So I would pull the diary for NJP's to see if it is in...and if not? I would file a request with the BCNR to pull the FITREP