P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I, was, discharged from United States Army with an Honorable

I, was, discharged from United States Army with an Honorable Discharge - Sept
12, 1966 - Type of Certification issued DD Form 25A - Reason for Discharge
Physical Disability- Auth Disch: Para 33 AR 635-40A. Question, am, I, entitled to
any benefits? If so, please advise. My length of service 4 months 8 days. Dan
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

Benefits require either a showing of a service connected injury, or service of at least 90 days AFTER initial training.

If you only served 4 months, I am guessing you never finished initial that accurate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Psimmons:

That is correct. I, only severed 4 moths, 8 days. This was not my choice by the Army. Since I, was, Honorably Discharge am, i, entitled to any benefits?

Please advise. Thank you. Dan

You would qualify for pension benefits...perhaps. Can you tell me how old are you now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Psimmons:

I, am, 69 - DOB 9/24/44. Please advise if I, qualify for anything?

Thank you. Dan

Yes sir

You would qualify for a war time pension. This is a needs based pension (so it is tied to your income)

The pension amount for a single vet is approx $1040/mo. For a married vet it is approx $1360/mo

Since it is needs based, they look at your assets and income. If your assets (money in the bank/property/ext) is over $80k you have too much money and would need to spend down your income to qualify

They also look at monthly income, from all sources. If your monthly income (after deduction for medical expenses) is less than the pension amount? THen you qualify

Example...say you are single and your income after paying medical expenses is $500. You would get the difference between the pension amount $1040 and the income $500 or $540.

TO apply you file this form

let me know if you have more questions

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the Information.

Because of my service in the Army, would I be

entitled any Burial service for both me and my Wife?

Please advise. Dan

No need 2 years or more of service for this benefit