Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney and former Navy JAG serving ashore, afloat and at the OJAG

Sir, I have a GOMAR in my official file for misuse of government

I have a GOMAR in my official file for misuse of government property (rental car), and it went all the way to a board of inquiry. The board elected to retain on active duty. I have deployed to AFG twice now, and am wondering if the GOMAR will now affect my retirement rank. Will I still retire at my current grade of 0-4 or might I be forced to retire at the 0-3 grade?

Thank you for the information and your question. No, a GOMAR cannot affect your retirement rank since you are an Officer. That only thing that can affect the rank of an Officer is if they are tried and convicted at a General Court-Martial and Dismissed or if they are in a temporary rank and the Service places them back in their permanent rank.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.