Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.

I need the contact of the massachusetts army jag. Or info on

Customer Question

I need the contact of the massachusetts army jag. Or info on getting a lawyer appointed to me in my hometown for father rights to see my child. I also heard it was free and I really need the assistance. Very much appreciated on any info -thank you
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.

Issues of child custody and family law are not things that military attorneys can assist with. We don't have jurisdiction to go before civilian courts, so a JAG attorney can't represent you or be appointed to you for this purpose.

You will have to contact your local bar association to ask about free or low cost attorneys in your area. You can also check with the local law schools to see if they have a senior certified program, where 3rd year law students could assist you under the supervision of attorneys.

Regrettably, those are the only options available to you. We (JAG's) just don't have the legal authority or jurisdiction to represent people in this specific legal matter.