Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney and former Navy JAG serving ashore, afloat and at the OJAG
19127644

bupersnan(NNN) NNN-NNNNC-265 what does this

Customer Question

I was discharged under bupersnan(NNN) NNN-NNNNC-265 what does this mean? I was in hospt at st albans naval hospt n.y. in mental ward appx 3 months and discharged honorably re-4 no  meds afterwards or follow up by va

Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. The code 265 indicates unsuitability for service based on a character disorder. This would have been a "convenience of the Government" discharge and that is why it was an honorable, but an RE-4 (which means prohibited from reenlistment.)

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is characfer disorder

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Relist: Incomplete answer. still waiting on answer what is character disorder

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Best,
Wendy