PhilCave
PhilCave, Lawyer
Experience:  33 years military law experience.
16220785

Joined the national guard while depressed

Joined the national guard while depressed (undiagnosed, untreated), thought it would make me feel better. I have only become more depressed and have had a significant increase in anxiety since. Pretty much lied about having feelings of depression at MEPS. Still have not talked to physician, I don't ship to basic for a few more months. How should I approach this matter, would this qualify as fraudulent enlistment. IF so, how would this affect my civilan lift? 

Hello, thanks for asking your question.
You are at that stage where you still have an opportunity to try and leave. However, it must be done properly.
You should write a letter to the Recruit Command, NOT your recruiter.
Here is a link for a outlines on such letters.
You need not tell them about the mental health issues. Just tell them you have changed your mind and are about to pursue an opportunity that will conflict with the NG commitments.
Here is the link.
http://girightshotline.org/en/military-knowledge-base/topic/delayed-entry-program-discharge-dep-discharge