LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

HCG

I'm in the military and while on leave consulted a physician (civilian) physician on the HCG diet. I have since PCS'd to a site where my physician is only available by phone and email but was given the a prescription and allowed to take the HCG shots that I paid for with me to administer myself. I would like to consult a military physician also or have my military physician consult my weight loss doctor in the states to monitor my progress. I have read that OTC HCG is illegal however my shots are not OTC nor are they being taken without a doctors oversight? Can I take these and can I consult a military doctor to ensure that my progress is being watched carefully?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 1 year ago.

Hello Luckyme,

My name isXXXXX a licensed attorney. I am honestly sorry for your circumstances, very much appreciate your patronage, and am glad to try and help out. I would especially like to say thank you for your service to our nation.

Accordingly, I'm glad to share some good news with you. I'll mention that I'm also a registered nurse. So-called over-the-counter human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) preparations are actually homeopathic items. In my personal opinion, they are worthless at best and potentially harmful at worst. However, what you're been doing is not that. In fact, it's entirely lawful and not at all terribly uncommon. So, the botXXXXX XXXXXne is yes, you are fine to speak with a military physician. Just tell them the truth...that you've been under the care of a civilian physician, have been receiving the medication pursuant to a lawful prescription, and would like to transfer this aspect of your medical care to your military prescriber.

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me.

I truly hope all works out for you.

Take care,

Ben, J.D.

LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience: Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 1 year ago.
Hello Luckyme,

I enjoyed working with you recently.

How are things going?

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Please just let me know.

Thanks!

Ben, J.D.