Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
20011183

Can you get a 6105 for wearing sunglasses on the top of your

Can you get a 6105 for wearing sunglasses on the top of your head? I've had LASIK done a few years ago and my eyes get sensitive at times due to the sun. But here's the thing, I have them on my head inside the building because I'm constantly going in and outside. If I don't have them when I go outside I can't see because I'm squinting and my eyes water at times followed by constant sneezing. If you can reply back to my personal email I'd appreciate [email protected]

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.

Yes, you can get a 6105 for just about anything that annoys a commander or superior NCO. Now, that doesn't mean that ultimately that counseling with have any true power. By itself, it means nothing more than the documentation of a counseling. For you to get into any trouble, they'd have to establish the actual violation of some UCMJ article and then the JAG office would decide how valid the 6105 is.

In this case though, it is a lawful order to tell you to stop wearing the sun glasses on your head and giving you a counseling about it ensures that if you were to do so in the future, there would be documented evidence that you had received an order to not do so before.

I can't send anything to your email. I can only communicate through this forum, according to the rules of this site.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thank you

No problem. Wish I could tell you differently here, but just being honest with you.

Take care.