P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I have been told ill likely get a permanent p2 profile for

Customer Question

I have been told ill likely get a permanent p2 profile for my asthma in the guard. My doctor says I can't wear a pro-mask, and under a particular AR it says this is grounds for a medical discharge. Is this the army blatantly ignoring this recommendation? Thanks.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

Can you tell me, have you requested a MEB already?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I havent't. I have a phone appointment with the state surgeon on Wednesday. I was told by his secretary that somebody was already working on creating a p2 profile for me, which also seems premature. Both my pulmonologist as well as my ENT have written letters expressing the seriousness of my asthma.
Sorry, I see now that I have worked with you on a prior question that you did not accept. I will opt out and allow some other expert to assist you

best of luck sir

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Oh no you've been an excellent help, I was just wondering if this new information was of any significance.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!