Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
20011183

For the past two decades I have been unsuccessful at getting

Customer Question

For the past two decades I have been unsuccessful at getting the ABCMR to reverse their decision to deny me relief and correct my record. My case involves me blowing the whistle against my commander who was subsequently forced to retire as a result of my whistle blowing activities. Additionally, the DODIG confirmed I made a disclosure protected by statute and that I suffered adverse action(s)and that personnel responsible for the action(s) knew of the disclosure. My most recent correspondence from the Department of the Army, Army Review Board is dated March 21, 2013. The letter states my next option for relief is federal court of appropriate jurisdiction. My question: Based on the letter can I take this matter to federal court and not concern myself with statute of limitations?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.

The statute of limitations for your right to file with the court is based on your most recent denial from the ABCMR. It is that action, or rather inaction, that creates your right to appeal to the appropriate federal court so your statute of limitations runs from there.

Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I contact your law firm? I am interested in pursuing this matter in federal court.

You can not contact my law firm. The rules of this site expressly prohibit communication between us, outside of this forum. It also expressly prohibits me from accepting clients met on this site.

We just answer questions here.

If you wish to pursue federal action, you need to hire a local attorney to assist you.

Take care,.