P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

Im in Army Reserve ,My husband is in The Air force reserve

Customer Question

Im in Army Reserve ,My husband is in The Air force reserve we got married in 2011.He was always complaining about being married and that 's he does not have feelings for me but he would say I love you but it was just friendship marriage.in 2012 ,I was assaulted.I did not say anything that time , I was under his control ,he does not let me have friends and no contacts.I was unemployed and he was always stating he provides shelter and food.He made me join the army so I can get citizenship and divorce him because he is unhappy,I was asking him to work on relation regardless everything because he has mental issue and he is on profile.Since I was in bct he started using my money.I got my confidence to tell him no and dont feel intimidated and I accepted his request as he always wanted .He started saying he does not want to get divorce and finally he loves me.Upon my coming from AIT he abused me , throwing stuff and tried to punch me but he hit the wall.I got restraining order for a month and I wanted to extend it for a year .He got a lawyer and they were playing the game that he was happy even he brought as witness character his ex fiancee to witness he is not abusive . she was contacting me through emails before and after my marriage that he loves her and he contacts her and he is liar and player I have those emails.The judge gave me 2 weeks textension of restraining order.I am wondering if I can ask for an investigation that he was cheating , especially she was always working on base and now it has been proved that he is with her and same time he does not want divorce so I cant ask him for alimony?What shall I do?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will wait thank you

Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on a professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!