P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I have applied at USAJOBS for positions specifically at Madigan

Customer Question

I have applied at USAJOBS for positions specifically at Madigan Army Medical Center. i am a voc rehab vet, with a 15 years healthcare experience, 10 yrs honorable service, an MBA and 90% disability. Most of my applications have made it to the selecting official, where I have never made it to an interview. In the interim, I have been hired by DoD, but have wanted to get back into healthcare administration. The most recent example has led me here.

I have a the highest certification in a process improvement discipline( LEAN SIX SIGMA), and over 6 years of work experience in this araa. I applec for a psition, made it again to another selecting official and found out that they hired a person with no disability, less education, experience and no certifications.

I've asked Civilan Human Resources and have been told that the selecting officials do not have to state who or why. So why even ask for 30% percent disabled vets to apply. There was also a recent 15-6 investigation that substantiated claims that disabled veterans preferences were violated. Do you have any suggestions on what I could do?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!