Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
20011183

I have been in contact with an individual online who claims

I have been in contact with an individual online who claims to be military personnel. He is asking me for money and when I researched the images he sent me claiming to be someone, I discovered he is not that individual who is actually in the military. I'm not sure who to turn this information over to. He has asked me to email an address and ask how much money it would take to have him honorably discharged from the military 3 years early in order to return to the states to get married. Any suggestions? (other than the obvious - change all my passwords...)

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.

Unfortunately, this is a very common scam going on right now. There really isn't much that can be done, because these scammers work out of African nations where their police don't work with us to track these people down.

Usually the best we can do is shut down their ISP, and they'll just get another one going.

If you want to turn in the information you have, contact the Department of Justice here:

http://www.justice.gov/criminal/fraud/

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for your quick response!

I really appreciate the information!! I will rate my visit to this site shortly!

Thanks again!!

No problem. Take care.