P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I was on the TDRL for the last five years and have just been

I was on the TDRL for the last five years and have just been honorable discharged. My DD214 has a RE-3P discharge code for a service connected injury, but like the TDRL was established for my Temporary injury has improved enough that I have been removed from the list without being severanced or placed on the PDRL. With a found fit to return to full duty status can I apply for U.S.Navy OCS with an RE Code waiver?
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

You can apply. No problem with that.

But the RE3 will require a waiver. And today they are tough to obtain.

The largest problem you face is the poor economy. The poor economy has caused a flock of people turning to the military for jobs. Despite the war recruiting is way up in all branches. The need for the services to grant waivers has decreased. For example the Marines recently decreased their maximum age for enlistment. Its tough today to get a waiver. For anything.

But if you have medical evidence that you are "fit for duty", that can be considered in the application for waiver process. Its somewhat easier to get a waiver for prior medical issues that have cleared than to obtain a moral waiver (waiver for prior arrests/convictions)

So is possible to request a waiver of the RE3 code.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will have to give it a go. I am not hurting for a career I actually have a great thing going with a wonderful company.I honestly just miss the military life style and the togetherness of a good team.

During the process if I am rejected for medical reasons that are directly related to my RE-3P code that have been found to be fit what action should I take to address the issue of being found fit to be honorable discharged, but not fit when I attempt to apply?