P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

My Fiancee is coming home on leave, he had meet his active

My Fiancee is coming home on leave, he had meet his active duty over 20 yrs service. What is the policy on taking leave, does it cost him money to go on leave for 3 months. Family hardship resasons. Losing his house. Need to come home on leave. Thanks much, Felisa XXXXX [email protected]

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

No Ma'am...there is NO cost for leave. I am very sorry to have to tell you this, but what you describe sounds very much like a common scam. There is a common scam where criminals in Asia and Africa pretend to be US Service Members and convince women (and in some cases men) to send them money.

Please do not send this person money. Again, there is no cost for leave. The flights back from Afghanistan are free to US Service members.