P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Reservist here, never reported to unit, never shipped, its

Reservist here, never reported to unit, never shipped, it's been 1 year. What's your prognosis?
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

Did you ever draw pay from your reserve unit for drill?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Never drew pay, never reported to drill; however, I received direct deposit pay stubs in the mail. They were 0.00 with negative deposits into the insurance section. Forgot to mention, it's the Army Res.

If you never drilled, never went to bootcamp, never drew pay?

I would expect them to give you an ELS (entry level separation)

It is not a good or a bad discharge...it is simply a discharge

If you never went to bootcamp and never received any pay, they would not not have authority to give a "other than honorable" discharge.

You should request your discharge.
You can do so here Link text

then you will know for sure

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Never drilled, never boot camp, never drew pay.

ELS.. thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Great advice. I appreciate your time and expertise. I note that you state "should", so I'm assuming the "should" means they could just decide to keep me on their rolls, or something like that. But I'll check the vet records and see what my options are from there.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I guess I have on more question..

I could expect the unit admin / commanding officer to file that ELS... but what if they did not?

What's the other scenario? Am I AWOL? Is there a warrant sent out to municipalities, homeland security, etc?

I'm about ready to give you the green smilee face and let you have a restful night.

Unlikely.

You are not technically awol if you never went to bootcamp.

And if you never got pay, they will not have jurisdiction to give a bad discharge.

You COULD still be on the rolls...but I doubt it. There is no reason to keep you on the rolls. I bet they have discharged you already...or will soon enough