P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

I had my general under honorable discharge upgraded to honorable

I had my general under honorable discharge upgraded to honorable but lost all of the paperwork in a flood. All I have is my Honorable Discharge certificate but no official documents. I recently requested and was sent my DD214 thinking it might have the upgrade on it, but it does not. What do I need to do or what do I need to have to show my upgraded status?
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

That is a problem.

It is a problem since when the upgrade is ordered, the board of corrections is supposed to send the order to the service to create a DD215 (this is the corrected DD214)

It may be you have to re-request to get the D215 (it should be automatic...but perhaps they made a mistake)

Otherwise you will have to go back to the board of corrections of military records and ask them to order the creation of the DD215.