P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Im a Vietnam Era vet, diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2007,

Customer Question

I'm a Vietnam Era vet, diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2007, filed for VA benefits in 2007 and most recently denied by a designated review officer in the St. Louis VA office. I have 90 days to appeal. My brief background is : USAF station in Takhli Base, Thailand in 69, was never in Vietnam, as jet engine mechanic touched fighter aircraft that flew missions in Agent Orange Contaminated. Boots-on-ground vets automaticaly receive benefits. Late in 2010 the VA website has recognized use of herbacides/AO in Thailand including Takhli but near the Base perimeter fence line and focused on military police that worked the fence line. I worked at the perimeter fence line with a small group of other jet engine technicians for over 6 months testing jet engines and airplanes. The testing area was located furthest away from base population due to loud noise from jet engine. Plus we exercised/jogged the fence line. Can you help or direct me to someone who is experienced in my type of issue?
Thanks, XXXXX
Kansas City, MO.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

this is not a question that can be answered online. You can request a refund of your deposit here

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help