P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

how can i find out if i was exposed to agent orange in germany

Customer Question

how can i find out if i was exposed to agent orange in germany from 1963 to 1966?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
Not sure I understand your question. Are you prior military? Stationed in Germany 63-66? Is the VA telling you that you have agent orange symptoms?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes i was in the army there .
OK

But who is telling you that you have agent orange symptoms? The VA? Have you applied for treatment from the VA?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the va told me to find out where agent orange was stored in germany.
Thanks

I could find nothing that points to use in Germany

I did find

1. The Korean demilitarized zone in 1968 and 1969 (extensive spraying).
2. Fort Drum, NY in 1959 (testing).

Other areas where veterans allege AO to have been sprayed include:

1. Guam from 1955 through 1960s (spraying).
2. Johnston Atoll (1972-1978) was used for unused AO storage.
3. Panama Canal Zone from 1960s to early 1970s (spraying).
4. Elgin AFB (Agents Orange and Blue) on Firing Range and Viet Cong Village.
5. Wright-Patterson AFB (OH) and Kelly AFB (TX).

From http://www.gmasw.com/ao_out.htm

You can request information under the Freedom of Information Act (more info here http://www.dod.mil/pubs/foi/)

To determine if there is a record of this...it may very well be there is a record of AO being stored in Germany

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how do i find out?
You should do a request under the freedom of information act
(more info here http://www.dod.mil/pubs/foi/)

Request information on if there was storage of Agent Orange in Germany during that timeframe