P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I Jonathan Ryan Huerta was enlisted in the Navy on December,

I Jonathan Ryan Huerta was enlisted in the Navy on December, 2007. I decided not to go on the night of my departure. My recruiter told me i was eligable for a seal contract when i was only eligable for a swcc. I decided on the night i was set to leave (june 12 2008) that i didn't want that. I called him on the phone. He told me there was only one way out. He said to go through MEPS the second time. I knew i would have to swear in again. I told him i did not want to do this becuse it would be lying to my country. He said it didn't mean anything that it wasn't real until bootcamp. I did as he said and went through the process at MEPS the second time, did what he said and left at the airport. Now that I want back in to get my seal contract I can't, because i niether belong to bootcamp or Meps, and can't be given disscharge orders to get beck in the Navy. I have been trying to get back in for about 9 months now and no one will help. Your help would be greatly apprciated. Sincerly Jonathan
Thanks for the chance to assist

Can you tell me please, have you gone to the recruiters since this? What have they told you specifically?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I went to them before the IG investigation. They refuse to help. I fear I will have to go to the Congressional Office in Jackson to resolve this.
What ig investigation are you referring to? What happened?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am refering to an Inspector General Investigation. They investigated the recruitor who told me to do the wrong thing. They found him at fault.

Thanks

OK, have you received a dd214 from your prior enlistment?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No Sir bootcamp in Great Lakes told me, that because I never made it I can't recieve that. They tell me im stuck in between MEPS and bootcamp.
That is odd indeed.

One more question, what does MEPS say about this? Did they issue a dd214 or some other separation document?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No Sir I haven't recieved anything from anyone except the Inspector Generals Office, who told me my aligations were substantiated. But this does not tell me how to get back in the Navy, just says they will take care of the recruiter, which i could care less about. I just want to be able to get to bootcamp.
OK

You need to go to MEPS to determine the status of your discharge. Based on what you have said, you should have received an entry level separation

More info here

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/a/getout4.htm

You can not get in until you get out.

Once you have your discharge, you can then take steps to re-apply.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne; this has to start at MEPS.