P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

The U.S. Military owes me back pay, how do I collect it

Customer Question

The U.S. Military owes me back pay, how do I collect it ?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
What was the reason given for nonpayment of the back pay?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The reason for non-payment was two-fold. 1. When I submitted the request, the answer
that I received was that the pussyfoot outfit that I came from didn't count as military and I was just a dago peon. 2. After having received my honorable discharge, I wrote the NPRC
in St. Louis, only to find out that my records could not be found. It took 50 years, after many requests to finally receive the records. A copy is available, if necessary, upon re-
quest. Those comments were made to me from the first sargent's office, at Ft. Bragg, NC.
So, it is evident that my request was never forwarded to the proper authorities.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am still waiting to hear from your office, regarding my reply to you on May 2 2009. I'M sorry for the delay, but , I was away for a few days. Thank You.

P.J. Siracusa