P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I am in the US Army and I was falsley accused of sexual assualt.

Customer Question

I am in the US Army and I was falsley accused of sexual assualt. How can I clear my name
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Anchorage, Alaska

Already Tried:
Nothing yet. Too afraid to open back the past.
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
-When, Where, were you in the military?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes I am still in the military so obviousley I didn't commit that crime. They found me innocent without going to court martial, but said that it got pushed up still and now I have it on my record for 40 years.
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
Did it happen while you were in the military?

What state?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It happened overseas in Korea. It was with another Soldier.
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
Okay, how do you know it is on your record?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Well on my way back from an overseas trip, I was detained for those charges at the airport. Eventually I was released and went on to see why I was detained. I came to find out that because of that incident everytime my name or finger print comes up, that case those too.
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
I am going to bring in some other experts here, as I cannot figure out what it is if you were adjudicated innocent at court martial, its age, etc. Strange circumstances you have there. I will keep tabs and see where we stand in a day.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist and sorry for the delay.

Can you verify what state the arrest was in...was it Alaska?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It was in Houston I believe. My case went as far as an Article 32 hearing in Korea, but the judge said there was not sufficient evidence. When I was applying for citenship I had to answer and get a letter and facts from my judge, of what happened in the case. I am not sure exactly what happened or why my case remains opened.
Its most likely you have an entry for your original arrest in the NCIC, National Criminal Information Center

More info here

http://www.fas.org/irp/agency/doj/fbi/is/ncic.htm

To remove the entry, you will need to request the agency that entered the information to remove it.

Most agencies have a process that you can petition to have the entry removed. I recommend you contact the agency...I suspect it was Army CID, here is the contact info

http://www.cid.army.mil/

I would write to them and ask the process to have the information pulled, since you were never prosecuted

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get paid for helping you.
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience: Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.