How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34069
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How does one upgrade a BCD to Honorable, so one can obtain

Resolved Question:

How does one upgrade a BCD to Honorable, so one can obtain just due VA benifits?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
TO upgrade a discharge a person can apply to the board of corrections for Naval records...These proceedings are governed by the board of corrections for naval records. More info here:

While upgrades are not common, if there is a compelling reason, they are granted.

I recommend your son contact a military law attorney to assist in compiling a petition to the BCNR to request an upgrade to his discharge

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get paid.
P. Simmons and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Military Law Questions