P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.

what article of ucmj covers lieing to a nco or officer and

Customer Question

what article of ucmj covers lieing to a nco or officer and the punishments for this crime
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist

This would be UCMJ Art 107.

Any person subject to this chapter who, with intent to deceive, signs any false record, return, regulation, order, or other official document, knowing it to be false, or makes any other false official statement knowing it to be false, shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

At a special court martial the maximum punishment is the jurisdictional maximum (1 year confinement, loss 2/3 pay, reduction to E1 and BCD)

At a general court martial, the maximum punishment is 5 years, total forfeiture, reduction to E1 and a DD.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get paid.