caraleneK
caraleneK, Office Engineer
Experience:  Office assisters to you
75835320

In Microsoft Excel, how can I ensure that a comment

Hello there,In Microsoft Excel, how can I ensure that a comment associated with a cell will remain visible and move with the cell if the row expands (due to more text being added) and particularly when a row moves further down in a worksheet due to a previous row changing size please?Many thanks.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Display the Excel Options dialog box on your document

At the left side of the dialog box click Advanced

Scroll down until you see the Display options

Select the Comments and Indicators radio button.Click on OK

The comments should now be visible, and you can position them as desired. Waiting your feedback or a rating

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi. I have created some comments that are displayed when the cursor hovers over the cell. However, what sometimes happens is that, although I have sized the comment text box to be sufficient to show all of the text, I often find when going back into a worksheet, that the size of the comment has reduced in size or has moved to elsewhere in the worksheet with only the arrow showing to indicate which cell the comment refers to.I am trying to find out how to ensure that the size of the comment box remains as it should and for the comment to be close to the relevant cell, particularly if rows above change in size due to added text.I hope that explains what my problem is... :-)

Hello Again thanks for this feedback it have help me a lot.

Please see if this will help you us this is a know bug in excel.

1) Right click the cell with your comment and choose 'edit comment'.
2) Click on the border of the comment box (your cursor needs to look like a skinny cross with arrows on each arm), then right click and choose 'format comment'.
3) On the Alignment tab, tick 'Automatic size'.

Waiting your feedback

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Many thanks.
That partially fixes the problem. However, the text is displayed on one long line and is not easily visible if there is a fair amount of text. I can fix this by ensuring I put carriage returns in the text.With regard to ensuring the hover comment stays alongside the relevant cell, how can I ensure this?

Thanks for this feedback look at this please

On the same options window, there's a Properties tab.
This shows that the default Object positioning condition (i.e. the comment box) is 'Don't move or size with cells'.
I've changed this to 'Move and size with cells' will fix your comments box from moving

Waiting your feedback

Please, Rate if you are SATISFIED with my help, as this is the only way the site will give me credit for my time. If you still need help, ASK FOR MORE HELP by replying to me.

Hello Again

Hope you very well today , Please let me know if this fix your problem .

Waiting your feedback to help you.

Waiting to hear from you.