flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies
23372949

Pearl, I have a large set of data in excel that i need to

Customer Question

Pearl, I have a large set of data in excel that i need to format to make usable would you be able to help me out with that?
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?
Customer: the computer is a Dell Windows 7 Prof - running MS Excel 2016
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no not recently
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just need need help with the spreadsheet thx
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 17 days ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you possibly attach the Excel file here to your reply so that I can see it? Please also let me know what exactly you require to be done with ith.

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Lorenz,I need to sum up multiple entries for each medication. for ex. ADVAIR DISKUS INHA 250/50 PWD 60
has multiple sales(row D) i want to see how many ADVAIR DISKUS INHA 250/50 PWD 60
were purchased by summing eveything up without doing it line by line

Thank you, ***** ***** bit beyond my Excel knowledge and I will forward you to another expert that might be able to help with this. Thank you very much for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 17 days ago.

excel is not going to do that easily unless there are fixed numbers of rows for each product

something like access can do it fairly easily and you can create a query or report to do it based on the data in an excel file