NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I'm trying to copy a page from one publisher document (from

Customer Question

Hi - I'm trying to copy a page from one publisher document (from a colleague) and paste it into one of my own publisher documents. All the formatting is lost when I copy/paste it. How can I keep the formatting?? Thanks for your help.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Publisher are you using?
Customer: Computer is a Dell purchased new last year. Using Publisher 2016.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: We have the Windows 365 package that is supposed to update things automatically. It updates often.
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  MikeW replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. Do you have your colleague's document on your PC?

Expert:  MikeW replied 1 month ago.

Please disregard the Premium Service Offer for Remote Support. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site. If I need to talk to you or do a remote assistance I'll let you know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi there - I think we have two conversations going for the same question. Can you possibly cancel the second conversation? Thanks
Expert:  MikeW replied 1 month ago.

I only see 1 conversation. Are you talking with someone else about this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I'm not talking to anyone else. I think I may have submitted the question twice in error. Hopefully your system noticed it was the same question.
Expert:  MikeW replied 1 month ago.

Yes it must have because I only see this one question from you. Would you like for me to connect to your PC and see what you're trying to do?

Expert:  MikeW replied 1 month ago.

There is no extra charge for that.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like that. Unfortunately I need to leave the office and probably won't be able to return until this evening or tomorrow morning. Can I connect with someone then?
Expert:  MikeW replied 1 month ago.

Yes just let me know when you're ready.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Mike! I've got some time now. I grouped each page in the secondary document and then pasted it into my document. This worked for 2 of the 3 pages. The remaining page I saved the group as a picture, then pasted it into my document. This worked, but the resolution is degraded. Any ideas?
Expert:  MikeW replied 1 month ago.

Hello. No I don't know why you couldn't just cut and paste it but it must be something that's eluding me so I'm going to opt out and let another professional have a chance to help you.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you attach both document to this question? I can then see what the issue is

Please let me know