NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I seem to have lost Word on my computer yet I still have all

Customer Question

I seem to have lost Word on my computer yet I still have all my Word docs, just cannot open any of them? I have tried searching in program files under Microsoft Office. In the Office 14 folder there is no winword.exe - - I also have an Office 12 folder that has many more options, but still no winword.exe - - any help would be appreciated.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: An older Acer 581OTZ-4657 with windows 7
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: The computer did an auto update Tuesday morning when I got to work, but not sure what was updated
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: noi
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 19 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When was the last time you were able to open your Word documents?

Did you purchase Microsoft Office / Word previously?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 18 days ago.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,