NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I am trying to creayte a macro to save a copy of a master

Customer Question

Hi, i am trying to creayte a macro to save a copy of a master input page to the next empty page in the work, and clear the data from the master
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: MAC se=ierra
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes its up to date
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i would like to use a button to save the copy
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 2 months ago.

There's no need for a macro to do this: you can do it with three keystrokes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Bruce, I would like this process of saving a copt of the data page to be as automated as possible, so that users can just enter there data and click save. This way would be more secure for me since they will be using my system and less likely that mistakes could happen. My team is good with computers and could easily copy and paste, but i would prefer that they were not involved with manipulating my program and that the job was done quickly and securely. I am trying to learn the basics of VBA coding, but not versed enough to get the results i am looking for.
Thank You ,
***** *****

What's there to automate? Build the form with Excel, and File->Save will save the results.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am sorry but I guess I will have to have find another solution. I can't allow remote access to my system anymore. i allowed someone to remote connect and they crashed my system and stole information. Not to say that you are not trust worthy, rather I'm not trusting anyone with access to my system again. Thank you for your time.
***** *****

Did I ask for remote access to your system?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry Bruce, I saw the red box saying "Securely connect" as part of your response. Please forgive me. I am just a little gun shy every since I let myself get hacked. I did not mean to offend you in anyway.
***** *****
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Bruce, I did try to save my master sheet as a template but I ended up with trash can fodder. lol. I never thought of creating a user form though.
Thank you ***** *****