NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I've been using Word for 3 decades and I'm stumped by what

Customer Question

I've been using Word for 3 decades and I'm stumped by what my current document is doing. On the first page of my document I have been using the outline format (You know, solid dots, open dots, solid squares, etc., depending on the outline level). Anyway, on the first page, these outline indicators change according to indentation. As the second page begins, these dots keep their same form, but don't indent. Why might this be?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?
Customer: Lenovo 550 ThinkPad. Sorry, but I'm not certain what version Word I'm using.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: How can I determine this?
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 3 months ago.

Word is notorious for bugs with hanging indents and bullets. You should be able to forcibly override many common problems by using Format->Bullets->Customize and introducing section breaks here and there.