NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

During the support session of 11/25 with MS Support on

Customer Question

During the support session of 11/25 with MS Support on another problem we were cut off and a "session ended" message appeared.I am writing this on MS WIN xp since my WSIN 8.1 is in "black screen" mode, i.e., I have a screen with icons but cannot open Windows. I have a recovery drive but I can't get it to perform. How do I continue this repair? I had given permission for support to take over my 8.1. GTo repeat, I can't access Windows to use my recovery drive or any other move that would finish the repair.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: It is an Acer Aspire purchased about 2 yrs ago
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I had installed WIN 10 updates several weeks ago and then troubles started....lock ups, recovery, later lock ups
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have recovery drive but it does not respond except to create a new one. I had also had problems activating my WIN 2007
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Josh replied 8 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 8 days ago.

Earl,

Hold down the Power button on your computer for 5-10 seconds until it powers off.

Press the Power button again to power it back on and you should be able to access your desktop now.

Please let me know if you are able to reach your desktop

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sid not work
Expert:  Josh replied 7 days ago.

What is showing up on the screen?