NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

When I type to open my files it will not let me. It says

Customer Question

when I type to open my files it will not let me. It says cannot connect to internet and to go to control panel
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: compact I thought my files were in 2007 and I did not chose to upgrade to 2010 when the pop ups offered. Now my files say 2010 can not open my files.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think they got changed to 2010 and that is the problem. I need those files badly.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Bob James replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help.
Please give me just a bit to look over the question and do some initial research.
Thanks,
Bob

After my 2nd response, an automatic "Premium Service" offer will be made. Please feel free to disregard it, we can revisit that type of service later if necessary.

Please clarify what is meant by "2007" and "2010", are we talking about "Windows 7" and "Windows 10", or are we talking about "Office 2007" and "Office 2010"?

Also, could you provide more detail about how you're trying to open the files; are you going into Excel, or Word, or what program is being used?

Thanks,

Bob

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am very unsatisfied and want a full refund. On my credit card I have 2 $5 charges and 1 $32 charge. The system is still not opening my files. Please refund all the charges.

I take great pride in my work, and I apologize for any reason I've given for your dissatisfaction. Solutions can only be provided when all the necessary information is obtained, and the questions I've asked are only to obtain the information needed to find a solution. I am happy to continue to work toward a solution if you are willing to work with me, but without more detail it will be difficult for anybody to provide any kind of an answer at this point.

If you are uncomfortable moving toward a solution, I will respectfully opt-out.

Also, if you do want to pursue a refund, as we do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, there are two ways to communicate with Customer Service:
Via the JustAnswer.com website - http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
By email -***@******.***

Thank you,

Bob

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.

It seems the previous expert opted out. Do you still need help with this issue? If so, please send a response so we can work through the problems. Otherwise, if you no longer want to continue please let us know so that we can cancel and close this support request.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.