Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have a windows 10 os and apparently i saved a new word

Customer Question

hi i have a windows 10 os and apparently i saved a new word file over another one that i saved for last time before five days.. so is there any possible solution to find my old file
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?
Customer: i m using a dell inspiron 15r with a 2016 word verison
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

We can see if there is a previous version available.

Close all programs

Press the windows key + E

This opens the file manager

Navigate to the file, right click on it and select previous versions.

If there is a previous version, select this to revert back to it

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
hey i didn't works. I paid you about 40 dollars so i wait for valid solution please
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

sorry I did not understand your last response.

Did you see my instructions I gave?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i mean it didn't work this solution, when i go to to restore previous version there is no list with previous documents
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

ok, then it will not be possible sorry to recovery it, this was the only option you had.

It is not like deleting a file which you can recovery, you actually overwrote the data on it.

What I advise is you enable windows file history so you can do the instructions I gave in the future and always revert to a previous version to avoid this issue

You can follow the instructions to do this here

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2974385/windows/how-to-use-windows-10s-file-history-backup-feature.html

But this file is now lost sorry

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
can you give me an answer why you take an extra amount of approximately 32 dollars, extra from the starting 5 dollars, from my card
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

I see nothing about pricing sorry as I am an engineer here, this is a paid service of course, but you would need to contact customer service at***@******.*** for all payment questions.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok listen!! from the time that i told you that i had a windows 10 you knew that there is no a possible solution for this problem Mr technician.. but instead, you keep sayng to me that you had a 100% solution.. so you can't saying right now "ohh sorry there is no a possible solution", after i paid you approximatly 40 dollars...
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

Hi there,

There was a good chance of a solution as by default file versioning is enabled, so we checked this. When we discovered this was not the case, I informed you how to re-enable it to avoid this happening in the future.

I never though indicated I had a 100% solution. I see no reason for this hostility towards me (especially today), I am informing you please to contact customer service for all payment questions.

Thank you