NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I am trying to work on my doctoral dissertation on a retreat

Customer Question

Hi my name is Alan. I am trying to work on my doctoral dissertation on a retreat and all of a sudden when I open Word I get this message: "Microsoft Office can't find your license for this application. A repair attempt was unsuccessful or was cancelled. Microsoft will not exit." What can I do? This is a crucial week for me and I've never had this problem before. I have a current copy of Microsoft Office 16 on my Surface pro 4. Help!
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Did you get my message? Alan
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Surface pro 4, 128 gb
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: They should be automatic. I haven't done so manually.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. Help!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

If you haven't already, please restart your computer and then check if Word and other Office programs will work correctly. After the restart, go back to this same web page and let me know the results.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks. I already did this. I do not want to pay for any services from your company. Thank you for refunding my $5. I actually think that the message is a scam.
thanks again for your reply. i should have restarted it from the beginning. I thought the problem was legit.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

I am not sure what you are referring to. Please confirm if the problem has been solved or it is still there?

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,