NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Since my Office 2013 was 'updated' on 11/4/2016 (which took

Customer Question

Since my Office 2013 was 'updated' on 11/4/2016 (which took an hour!) none of the Office routines work
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: samsung np510r5e
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I didn't install them, it was automatic. On 11/4/2016
JA: Anything else you want the microsoft office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that the PDP routine works but all Microsoft routines don't
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  bbao replied 7 months ago.

Which email provider are your referring to? Gmail, AOL or Yahoo?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
outlook
Expert:  bbao replied 7 months ago.

Okay, are you able to successfully log on from here using your credential?

Expert:  bbao replied 7 months ago.

FYI, I don't mean to ask you use Outlook this way. This is just a step to make sure you have correct credential to access your outlook.com emails and make sure the services are available for your area. If you can, we will check your Outlook 2013 settings in the next step.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you still there? I'm obviously confused.
Expert:  bbao replied 7 months ago.

Yes, I am here.

Expert:  bbao replied 7 months ago.

Did you try using your outlook.com credential to log on at here? Are you able to see all your emails there?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There were a total of 7 updates on 11/4/2016, which took an hour to complete. Has Microsoft reported any problems? I'm surely not the only one.
Expert:  bbao replied 7 months ago.

IF you are talking about Windows update, it depends on your Windows version.

Okay, it seems we have different concerns regard your issue. Can you please advise your email address managed by Outlook 2013. You no need to tell the full address, just the part after "@" symbol is sufficient.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am using a separate computer for these comments. The problem is with the Samsung laptop.
Expert:  bbao replied 7 months ago.

Okay, please advise the email address managed by Outlook 2013 on your Samsung laptop.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The laptop is running Windows 10.
Expert:  bbao replied 7 months ago.

Sorry, I have to opt out as basically you never reply to my troubleshooting questions. Please let other experts help you.

Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 7 months ago.

Dear *****,

the previous expert has opted out of your question as you both seem to be going in circles. My name is***** am a computer expert since 17 years and I will be assisting you today.

May I remotely connect to your computer please, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? It also is a safe option because JustAnswer is A+ accredited business with the BBB and you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well, so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem. This might be the best way to not create any further confusion and solve your problem instead.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay. We had a language problem and I am uneasy about the communication process.

Yes, I understand and would like to help you still, if you are OK with that? A remote-connection directly to your computer might be the best way for that, since you can just show me the problem on your screen and I can solve it easily then. I am sending you an offer for that and should you accept it, I will provide instructions how to start the remote-assistance directly afterwards. Thank you very much.