NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I am working with two separate Excel spreadsheets full of

Customer Question

Hi Pearl! I am working with two separate Excel spreadsheets full of data. One is within a MUUT file format and one is just a regular sheet. Is there anyway to easily merge the two files--even if there are different columns at play?
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?
Customer: I am using Windows 7...It's a Dell. Please let me know what other information I can give you.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of. This is an office computer, so there may have been updates installed without my knowledge. Should I run an update?
JA: Anything else you want the microsoft office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that should be it. Unless you can think of anything else?
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Kevin T replied 30 days ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 30 days ago.

Can you explain what you are trying to do?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Hi Kevin,
I have two separate Excel spreadsheets--one is in a MUUT file status (I'm preparing it for a website we are working with) and the other is a normal Excel worksheet. I was just wondering if there was anyway to merge them (or certain rows) instead of having to manually re-enter everything. Please let me know if I'm not asking this correctly... I have used Excel many times before; however, have not had to merge multiple sheets. :)
Thanks!
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Honestly, if possible...I would love to try and do it on my own. Please let me know if you need more information.
Expert:  Kevin T replied 30 days ago.

Can't you just copy the colums?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
There were originally three different databases that had VERY different columns and data, so it isn't matching up very well...that is why I'm a bit hesitant to copy and paste something that isn't going to match up with what it needs to be with. Does that make sense?
Expert:  Kevin T replied 30 days ago.

How can we relate the rows?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
That's a good question. :) I'm trying to currently do that. If I do figure out a way to do that...is it fairly simple at that point? Would it be as easy as copying and pasting? I feel like there has to be more to this.
Expert:  Kevin T replied 30 days ago.

Can I connect so i fully understand.