NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Can you use vlookups within a pivot table, office 2010, I

Customer Question

good morning, can you use vlookups within a pivot table
JA: What programs and versions are you using?
Customer: office 2010
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: I have dates in my raw data, if in the pivot table I use as a row, the data falls below the previous data (stock codes) and I want it to show in a seperate column but as part of the row option
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: this is all i can think of at the moment
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.

Pivot Table is still based on Excel worksheet, so VLOOKUP can be used to find references from (not within) an existing Pivot Table.

What's your particular situation? I still got Office 2010 installed, so I think an easy way is to upload your worksheet and tell me your ultimate goal, then I may work out a better solution for you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am trying to establish what stock is slow moving and when last purchased and sold. My raw data has this information, however when I pull the field through into the pivot table as values, it does not give the correct dates that are in the raw data. Therefore thought a work around would be to do a Vlookup on the raw data in order to pull the dates through as dates. The accounting program that we are using is Sage Pastel and have run a report from their Business Intelligence in order to get the raw data required. Hope this is making sense.
Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.

I reckon it can be done by just Pivot Table if "slow moving" has been defined and calculated as a column in the raw data. Better please provide the worksheet for direct troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I know one should be able to do this through the pivot table. I have just paid, what I thought would only cost R70.00 (USD5) and had an amount of R655 which I do not believe I have received my moneys worth and now you want another R510.00. Sorry but this has been an expensive learning curve with me not being any the wiser on how to solve my problem.
Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.

I don't do billing so I don't know how your bill is calculated. Anyway, I am keen to help you maximise your education investment. :)

You just upload your worksheet and let me help you find a better way to archive your goal. Moreover, this site guarantees 100% satisfication so you are sured for the results. Otherwise your money can be refunded.