technicalcat
technicalcat, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  20yrs experience with advanced degrees
65369237

I had office home and student 2007 on my computer but had to

Customer Question

I had office home and student 2007 on my computer but had to replace it. I don't have the key for my discs so I will have to buy a new office program. I am confused. What is the difference in 365, 2016 and the others. I see monthly and yearly prices. Is that a better way to get the program? What should I buy?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I bought an acer. I have internet explorer, chrome and another that was on the machine.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no. I just brought it home 2 days ago (They transferred my files to my new computer)
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I use word to write books which I self publish on Create Space.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  technicalcat replied 5 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Office 365 is the new online version of Office. It has many extra features and advantages over the standard desktop office. These include constant updates so you are always using the latest version and features, and also cloud based backup. The disadvantage is that there is a monthly fee in cost, but the advantage over the desktop is that you can try it 30 days free, and there is no larger up front cost.

Since Office 365 is free for the first month, you might want to simply try it to see if you like it, and then you can consider continuing with it, or purchasing the traditional desktop office 2016.

Do you have any other questions on this?