GeekGal
GeekGal, Microsoft Office Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting Microsoft Office products
76665483

My wife pressed "save" on her word document and it got

Customer Question

hello my wife pressed "save" on her word document and it got severely corrupted
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?
Customer: it's a mac book air
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: word 2011 no version 14.6.9 no updates checked for updates from Word, nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is Alison. I'm sorry that you're having this problem. I will do my best to help you resolve it. If you have AutoRecover turned on, you should be able to use the following instructions to recover a previous version of the file.

1. Choose File→Open from the menu bar.

2. Type AutoRecover or type a keyword or phrase in the Spotlight Search box in the top-right corner of the Open dialog.

3. Double-click the most recently saved AutoRecover file, or select the file and click Open. If you did a keyword or phrase search, use the Last Opened information to help you choose a likely file to open. If the file you want is grayed-out, choose All Files in the Enable pop-up menu, which allows you to open any file type.

You can also use Mac OS X Time Machine to recover any file that you’ve saved at least once.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.