NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I keep getting error messages when I download excel or word

Customer Question

I keep getting error messages when I download excel or word files. When I try to open them these error messages occur
Excel error message reads: "this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Program control panel."
Word message:
"word experienced an error trying to open the file. Try these suggestions.
*check the file permissions for the document or drive
*Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space
*open the file with the Text Recovery converter
I ran a scan of my computer for viruses and nothing came up. Can you please tell me how to fix this so that I can open Microsoft downloaded files. I do not have an issue with pdfs, only Microsoft files. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

I have windows 7.

Please give me instructions on how to do a remote session. Do I go to 123logmein?

On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d9d9bcb6-71fa-4b49-bae0-8463e20a45aa
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

I'm sorry; I'm out of suggestions and time for now, so let me open the issue to other experts.

In the mean time, if needed, you can download / install the OpenOffice program for accessing your documents:

http://www.openoffice.org

Thank you for your patience,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.
Please tell me if the original issue is still there?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.