NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I got a M/S update, & took it WITHOUT SAVING FIRST. When I

Customer Question

I got a M/S update, & took it WITHOUT SAVING FIRST. When I got going again, the sheet AUTOMATICALLY did another CYCLE AUTOMATICALLY. BAD. Previously, it was set to MANUAL calculation before the next cycle. NOW, I get AUTOMATIC next step, which MESSES up data. Need MANUAL only.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: LENOVO thinkpad
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: As I said, I got an update notice, & accepted it WITHOUT FIRST SAVING. Now it does an UNWANTED next step automatically, Messing up data.
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.

> it was set to MANUAL calculation before the next cycle.

> Need MANUAL only.

It seems you are talking about Excel only. For some reasons (probably due to recent update) the Auto Calculation is on again as the default, and you want to turn it back to Manual. Is it correct?