flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies

Is there a way to send different portions of an excel

Customer Question

hello. is there a way to send different portions of an excel worksheet to different ms outlook recipients?
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Kevin T replied 16 days ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 16 days ago.

How do you envision this working?

Expert:  Kevin T replied 16 days ago.

Sending the range of A1 to B45 to outlook?

This is possible with a script. If this is what you are looking for.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have a worksheet that has list of data. there is a column that tells me who the contact person is for each row of data. Let's say Joe Doe's name is ***** ***** a few rows and Jane Doe's name is ***** ***** a few other rows. Is there a script/macro that can be created so that the rows/pieces of data with Joe's name are emailed to him and same thing with Jane?
Expert:  Kevin T replied 16 days ago.

Yes, what version of excel are you using?

Are you familiar with VB?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 16 days ago.

what you might be able to do is create a word document for each person and link the sections of the worksheet that apply to them into the word document.

then updating the document will pull the newest data from the spreadsheet and you could then email the word document.

Another way to do it would be to create a new tab for each person and have only the relevant data for that person by just referencing the appropriate rows from the main sheet.

then you can mail each persons sheet to them

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
wanted to avoid having to cut paste and then send individual emails. is there a video that could walk me through creating a script/macro using vb feature of xls?
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 15 days ago.

You don't have to cut and paste.

You can do it once for the word files and they will auto update if you do it right

or just use formula to make each tab for each person.

Then use the file/ send on each individual worksheet which will also auto update

The VBA is a programming language. It is nowhere near as easy to use as what I am suggesting

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 15 days ago.

Here is tutorial on VBA macros. But I think it is a bit more than you want to learn for this one project